CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, November 14, 2008

The Strength of a Woman



Ok, so I come in this morning to an e-mail my mom forwarded to me. It is from my beautiful Aunt Laurie.

As you all probably know, she is battling breast cancer, and last night she lost her hair.

Without going into every little detail - I just felt I needed to brag about her for just a minute.

My Aunt Laurie is amazing. She is one of those women that you would meet and NEVER forget - no matter how short of a time she might have touched your life. She is STUNNING - how one woman can be so beautiful is just pretty much not fair. She has an absolute and undeniable love for our Heavenly Father, His Son, and our Gospel. She is a constant example of faith for anyone who might be questioning their own. She is HYSTERICAL! She can make you laugh within the first 5 minutes of a conversation. She has the Andersen sense of humor, and as we all know - that right there should make you piddle your pants! She is a Mother in every sense of the word. She would be there at 2 am for you if you needed her to be. She would drop anything and everything if any one of her 8 (yes, 8 - 4 kids & 4 in-laws FYI) children needed even just a hug. She is a perfect wife and eternal partner to my RAD Uncle Paul. Together they kind of make you a little nauseated! They always have some kind of touchy feely thing going on - ewww! They are just about as wonderful together as any couple should or could be.

I say this all because I think she needs to realize how strong she is and what an incredible example she is to me daily. I couldn't imagine going through what she is going through right now. But if I ever had to - I know that she would be my #1 supporter - and our entire family would be united as we are today. We have Gammy and Baka's eternal example of how families should be together and love each other no matter what silly mistakes we all make. The love of a family - well the love of OUR family - is unconditional, eternal and unbreakable.

If I could be there with her, I would in a heartbeat - but I just hope she knows as much as any member of my family knows - I am there for you through prayer and thoughts and I love you all so much. There is not a single person in our entire family, extended or in-law or otherwise, that I don't love with every part of my soul.

Anyway - now that I'm actually letting some sort of fluid trickle down my face - and its not a booger - I guess I had better close this post.

Thank you, Aunt Laurie, for being such a strong woman. You amaze me daily, and I love you.

5 comments:

Carlye Momma said...

I think I may have the same fluid trickling from my face at the moment. You took everything I am feeling right now and put it on a platter...

We LOVE YOU AUNT LAURIE and our hearts are with you right now and always...I wish I could be right there with you squeezing you!

Sammee said...

I hope you realize what an inspiration your family is to all of us (especially me). You are all strong, compassionate, wonderful people and I am truly honored that I get to be (a little) part of it all. You are my girl and I don't know what I did for the lord to bless me with your friendship. I hope that I can set the same example for my children that you and your whole family have set for me. I luv your guts!!!

cmkdca88 said...

Thank you so much!

laurie said...

I love you more than there are words to describe! You really give me a lot more credit than I deserve. This cancer stuff is really an attention grabber, ya know? Sorry to be such a hog but I'll take it. Hopefully gracefully. I should let it go to my head. I could use a little bigger head right about now. I look like a pin-head with two open car doors on each side. LOL

Mindie said...

How sweet are you and your kind words????? I love you so much and I am grateful to be part of such an amazing family! Thanks for loving my Mom, it means so much.